.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a hint about my brain

Well it's now a real live blog (well might be ;) )

Monday, June 13, 2005

Firefox eats blog post

While it wasn't high art (or in fact medium or any kind of art at all) I was nearly finished on a post and then firefox crashed. Damn, damn.


So here's the second try (and yes this time I've typed it in notepad first.)


So what have I done since the last time.

Had a holiday in Portugal which was really nice and fun but far too long ago. Piccies are here, Yep it's on Flickr.

Ness had the metal rod taken out of her leg so walking is much less painful and better for her now, which is great.

I've read Michael Marshall's and John Connolly's latest books. Blood of Angels and Black Angel. Both very good thriller with horror overtones. Both describe evil in a way that I've not seen since Silence of the Lambs (the book) oh Hannibal was not in the same league.

Going to see Suzanne Vega this week in Basingstoke. That'll be cool and mellow and yogurt weavery (copyright Fizz)
The first gig I ever went to was one of her's. I think it was in '86 at the Royal Albert hall. I went with my best Man Mark, it was a good trip and the first time I went to London.

I did witter on (in the original post) about a new tv show called Bones which appears to be based on Kathy Riechs books but may be based on her instead. All a bit confusing. But it does have David Boreanaz in it and the trailer looks fun. Even if it does push the cool toys that don't exist envelope even further than CSI.


The rest is boring work stuff.


Music I've bought recently: Life After Life, Megadeth, Ministry and now listening to Suzanne Vega.

3 Comments:

At 6:07 am, Blogger dan said...

oooh, oooh, I just got the new Michael Marshall (Smith) book. Do you think I need to reread the Lonely Dead first? Which was alright and all that (not as good as the Straw Men), but I do wish he would write some SF again. You should also read Chris Wooding's Weavers of Saramyr trilogy - the firt two volumes at least are really good and a bit different from your identikit fantasy doorstop. Just got the third, so we'll see what happens there.
toodle pip

 
At 6:18 am, Blogger Marcus said...

Blood of angels is supposed to be the third of the trilogy but there is still too much left finished.

Nah no need to re-read Lonely Dead.
You'll remember enough to know what going on, and he drops enough hints to remind you.

Yep agree about SF, have you seen the trailers for Island? Remind you of Spares at all (the maguffin not the actual plot)

 
At 6:20 am, Blogger Marcus said...

oh and randomlly add an un- to the first sentence in my comment :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home