.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a hint about my brain

Well it's now a real live blog (well might be ;) )

Friday, December 23, 2005

Vellum

Have finally finished Vellum by Hal Duncan. It's good, I think when I read the second half (Ink published hopefully sometime next year) it'll become very good.

Ok so what's it about?

Urm well it's about the forces of order fighting the forces of chaos. But I don't think it is, it may be about identity and self. It may be about how things stays the same and history repeats itself, or even how history repeats it's self at the same time.

It may be about alienation and being an outcast, it could also be about being a god.

It's really not an easy book to read, and I'm hopeful that some of my, more intellient friends than me (that'll be most of them ;) ), will read it and in discussing it with them I'll get more out of it. If Ink is a while away I think I'll read it again just before reading Ink and I'll get more of an understanding.

I'm aware that I'm not doing a great job of selling it to anyone and the tone of the book does change in the second half of it so it's less Sumerian angel stuff. But it's really good. I'm just not 100% sure why.

Needless to say I didn't try reading it while listening to the Field of the Nephilim to try out my theory about the cosmic rift (it's near the end)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home