.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a hint about my brain

Well it's now a real live blog (well might be ;) )

Monday, December 26, 2005

Serenity

Well as part of my Christmas presents I got some gift vouchers for a local dvd/music shop (Music box in case anyone from Bermuda ever reads this).

So do I buy Region 1 Serenity which I will leave here or shall I wait until Feb and get region 2 which has more extras on it. Or I could buy both?

Thing is if I don't buy it from here I'm not hugely sure what to get from the shop as the music is mostly reggae.

Also after reading an interview with Carl Hiassen I decided to pick up Christopher Paolini's Eragon which I found in a Book shop here. Considering the guy is 19 now and wrote this a few years ago (admittedly he has re-written bits of it since then) this is a really good fantasy. Yep it does suffer from some fairly obvious plot devices, but you can excuse that as it's supposed to be a young adults book. The writing really doesn't come across as from a teen. Anyway am really looking forward to getting book 2 of (well it's fantasy they have to come in threes) the trilogy.

Also picked up book 4 of the collected Walking Dead. Still very good. I was going to talk about how impressed I was with Dan about him realising that the title refers to the survivors not the Zombies, until I read the final page of this collection where one of the characters makes that very point. However I can't find where Dan said it in his blog so I wont.


4 Comments:

At 6:12 pm, Blogger dan said...

I bloody thought of it first.

 
At 6:22 pm, Blogger Marcus said...

yea right you say that now.

I still can't find where you said it. I knew you did but was starting to think I was dreaming

 
At 4:04 pm, Blogger dan said...

it was in my slagging of Anansi Boys

http://badseed.blogspot.com/2005/11/why-i-didnt-like-anansi-boys-for.html

 
At 5:55 pm, Blogger Marcus said...

and so it was. I tried the blog search but that appears to only search the titles not the contents. I should have tried the google blog search.


Perhaps Robert Kirkman read your blog and thought that it was a good idea ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home