.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a hint about my brain

Well it's now a real live blog (well might be ;) )

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Christmas, & new year.

Went back to the UK for Christmas, Ness had an operation on her wrist to take a plate out of it. This is hopefully the last op from the accident nearly 4 years ago. It went really well and considering how much travelling we did over Christmas, (Bermuda [plane], London [train], Woking [train], Plymouth [plane], Gatwick [plane], Bermuda) she had a lot better Christmas than I had thought she would have.

Saw my parents and sister and family which was really good.

Got loads of books for Christmas which was great. Started the new Robin Hobb series and a friend at work lent me the first of the George RR Martin Song of Ice and Fire series. (He didn't tell me that it's a 7 book series and only the first 4 are out, the git :) )

New year next post as I need to go out to taxi Ness to her weekend job.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 am, Blogger dan said...

oooh I've just started Fire & Ice as well. I'm onto the third book, but coming up against the realisation that I am shortly going to run out of backlog and have to wait for the new ones. Grrr.
Read the first of the new Hobb on the plane back from the States in September. Okay I suppose, we'll see where it goes.

I was in Plymouth for a bit, but gone by the 23rd Dec. Don't worry I was completely rubbish and didn't speak to anyone, not just you :)

 
At 11:04 am, Blogger dan said...

PS - might just be my PC, but your live bookmarks on firefox have all gone out of chronological order.

 
At 1:23 pm, Blogger Marcus said...

when I updated to the new blogger it put then in the wrong order,

And no problem about not meeting up on Plymouth, we didn't get down there until the 22nd. And to be honest as we didn't hire a car would have had no change of popping into Plymouth anyway.

About half way through the new Hobb one and yes it's interesting but I'm sort of waiting for the actual plot to turn up as opposed to being about him at the school. But I think I can tell where it going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home