.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

a hint about my brain

Well it's now a real live blog (well might be ;) )

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

TV better than Movies?

As drunken people do, over the weekend we talked about stuff and someone (a drunk Dan) said that TV is rubbish. Now I didn't agree with him, citing Buffy, Babylon 5, Lost, Firefly etc (I should have mentioned Dr Who but didn't, I wasn't exactly sober myself), Dan had some good points about how B5 was good but he wouldn't want to watch it again. His argument about Buffy floundered somewhat when Ester (his wife) mentioned him only seeing about half an episode out of 7 series. ;)

Anyway saw a link to this which discusses who certain people (who have worked in both) think that TV is better than Movies.

I'm not sure I agree but also I think that a lot of Hollywood films
are rubbish, and there is a lot going for looking elsewhere (ie non US
films), whereas with a few notably exceptions (and I'll include UK
shows like Office etc) the best of American TV is better than anywhere
else.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 pm, Blogger dan said...

half an episode might be pushing it to be honest.

Anyway "Firefly" and "Dr Who" are the exceptions that prove the rule so nyah nyah nyah

 
At 7:13 pm, Blogger Marcus said...

And as the second series of Battlestar Galactia started tonight that gets added in as well

Which by the way if you haven't seen the first series of yet, my offer to buy it off you if you don't like it still stands.

 
At 7:18 pm, Blogger Marcus said...

And here's a Buffy/Dr Who love in from Russell T Davis http://whedonesque.com/?comments=9245

 

Post a Comment

<< Home